Original topic:

Samsung Email app dysfunctioning (Nov 7 2023)

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 10:14 AM)
RBinPerson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello--

Just today (Nov. 7, 2023) my Samsung Email app is dysfunctioning on the Galaxy S21. It's forgetting the email account passwords every half hour. Emails can't be received or sent without "verifying account" and when I try to do that, it doesn't go to the screens where you can change or enter passwords. I have to completely delete the email account and then add it again, and re-set up the account. This has happened repeatedly today. I even tried uninstalling the email app and reinstalling it. I tried deleting the app's cache. What's going on? Does the app need an update? Anyone else experiencing this?

Raymond

175 Replies
knappy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
3 days now email not syncing with email provider Comcast on both phones. Comcast email working fine. Restared multiple times.
Contacted Samsung developer, said to send error reports through members app, did that, haven't heard back.
R2Lti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Experiencing the same problem, email will not sync with my phone, email works fine on all other devices.
0 Likes
Carol013
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I feel You one pays For serves not provided
0 Likes
Carol013
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Can't open inapps email
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
My suggestion, remove the accounts not syncing from the app, then add them back in.
0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

That will not work.  The problem is specific for users with recent models  who have downloaded the newest version of the Email app - 6.1.82.0 This update is what is causing the issue with the TLS/SSL handshake the app makes with mail servers. Previous versions on older devices work fine.
SAMSUNG HAVE TO FIX THIS!!! It has been ongoing for at least two months.

0 Likes
knappy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Email now syncing as of yesterday morning, seems to be fixed however I didn't do anything other than restarts.Samsung must have fixed it
0 Likes
SteveR405
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm have the same problem with my S10 and xfinity. My account is working on PC and iPad. On S10 email, there is no field to update the password.
0 Likes
ZBear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My Samsung Email app has not been synching / sending or receiving email on my Samsung S20 FE since October 6 at 11:50 AM PST. The Samsung Email used through a browser works fine, so I've got it narrowed down to the app or my phone. I'm unsure how to proceed from here, I'm guessing that I could uninstall the app, download a fresh copy and reinstall. I am not hopeful about this approach, since my phone already has the current software version.

I've contacted Customer Support and can't reach a human to assist yet.

0 Likes
Members_IwTSegD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I've spoken with Xfinity twice and they told me they are working with Samsung to resolve the shared issue.  I did uninstall the app and added it back, and it worked for a day and now I'm back to having the same issues.  However, this time, it let me sign in with a password, which it didn't in the past, so it's working once again (until the next time...)

0 Likes