Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Plus Dropped calls

(Topic created on: 3/26/21 6:41 AM)
HADMaloney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone else chatting to some one and then after 3 minutes they cannot hear you. I can hear them asking if I am still there. But they cannot hear me.
Also unable to use Mobil Deposit with banking apps. My bank said it is common with this phone. Super frustrating. 
12 Replies
Plantguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah this issue has popped up multiple times on here and has happened to both me and my wife. Who is your mobile carrier? I have spoken to TMobile and they say their towers and network is fine but I've noticed it's an issue with 5g. I don't think the radio/chipset, Samsung software and the carrier are playing well with each other at the moment. I have sent in an error report and Samsung is definitely aware of the issue but I would suggest doing the same thing. The more people who report the problem, the quicker we are likely to get a fix.

I get dropped calls, can't make calls or receive them and the 5g signal drops off completely for no reason. Very frustrating.
HADMaloney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you so much for letting me know. We are not alone. Ha ha.
I have Verizon. My mom has sprint. But it happens right at the 3 minute mark with a cell to cell call. I will continue to report, and share my data log in hopes this gets fixed.
I am still working from home and getting an iPhone. Never had one. Android and Samsung is all I ever had. But because it is so unreliable I need a different one now too.
Again, I appreciate the time you took in providing a detailed response. I will keep an eye out for updates. Have a great weekend
0 Likes
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had this extact problem!!!! And I have TMobile. I have switched to LTE and got off the 5G but it still drops the call and the person can hear me but I can't hear them.
0 Likes
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've sent multiple error reports as well. They just say that they are aware of it and working towards a solution
0 Likes
NE404
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been experiencing the same thing with dropped calls. Samsung Ultra 21 with T-Mobile they was telling me that the cell towers was not operating at full 5G capacity she told me to take it off 5G and put it on 4G LTE but I was still getting dropped. people can hear me but I can't hear them so they just sent me a new SIM card today hopefully it will fix the problem
0 Likes
HADMaloney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Keep us posted on how that works out. Thanks for letting us all know too. I have to laugh because they told me to send a screen shot next time it happens. .... do they mean of the dropped call. Ha ha.
Surprisingly I talked an entire 45 min today to my mom and it did not happen once. Maybe they are working on it..which is great news.
0 Likes
userRmyiFcnrFy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello the same happens to me on the S21 5G, Ive tried different thinks on the network configurations but nothing seems to work, I'm in Mexico using Telcel network, but the issue is just like the one you are describing, I'm using a unlocked phone from Amazon...

0 Likes
Woogie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just looked this up. My problem isn't necessarily a "dropped call. " The call is connected, but the person on my phone sounds like they are muted. They can hear me, I can't hear them. How do I file a report this to Samsung?
HADMaloney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This is happening AGAIN to me. But only when I am on the phone with my mom, on a cell to cell call. I call their land line and no issue.