JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Specification Differences

(Topic created: 01-17-2021 11:27 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anyone knows in depth diff between this versions? As usually samsung don't list the full specs of the US version at launch. Just a generic world wide FAQ which is innaccurate when we talk about localization.   SM-G998U vs SMG998B vs SM-G998DS

I assume it's mainly the CPU but there are others related to eSIM, FM radio, and 2G/3G/LTE/5G supported bands. 

In addition there are software related diffs eg apps like SamsungPay locked to a regional server so won't work across.

Any link, help is kindly appreciated. 🙏 😀

22 Replies
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Versions: SM-G998B, SM-G998B/DS (International); SM-G998U (USA); SM-G998U1 (USA unlocked); SM-G998W (Canada); SM-G998N (Korea); SM-G9980 (China)
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Here is the Samsung link to available specifications: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s21-5g/specs/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks- that's for international. Any luck with US variant specs? Much appreciated
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

For US variants specifically I only have this: https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/compare/?device-1=samsung-galaxy-s21%2B-5g&devi...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks
0 Likes
jesseinsf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This is not an answer. They are asking the key differences between the below models, not some generic spec list:

SM-G998U vs SMG998B vs SM-G998DS

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
For example how do we know which models are single, dual and/or support eSIM since listing is too generic:
SIM Card

Single SIM modes
one Nano SIM

Dual SIM model
one Nano SIM and one eSIM
two Nano SIMs and one eSIM
two Nano SIMs

*Availability of dual SIM may vary depending on country or carrier.*Nano SIM card sold separately.*Use of eSIM on Galaxy device may be enabled by software update or disabled in some countries where it is purchased. Availability of eSIM mobile plan may vary depending on carrier.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

@MisterySmile, there is another thread covering the sim issue and the rep basically tells a user in a screenshot conversation that he can't guarantee that dual sim will work on the US model, but it can be returned within 15 days of purchase. So, if you're set on using dual sim, you may need to get an international exynos version.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I confirmed it doesn't on 14th. What I am trying to understand which model fits my need (exact model number) so I can buy it on on other sites or just go with Apple. Thanks for your reply.