JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Specification Differences

(Topic created: 01-17-2021 04:18 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anyone knows in depth diff between this versions? As usually samsung don't list the full specs of the US version at launch. Just a generic world wide FAQ which is innaccurate when we talk about localization.   SM-G998U vs SMG998B vs SM-G998DS

I assume it's mainly the CPU but there are others related to eSIM, FM radio, and 2G/3G/LTE/5G supported bands. 

In addition there are software related diffs eg apps like SamsungPay locked to a regional server so won't work across.

Any link, help is kindly appreciated. 🙏 😀

Options
Galaxy S21
Keep in mind that the S21 does NOT support SD cards, comes without a charger, comes without headphones, and doesn't have a headphone jack.
Options
Galaxy S21
Neither MST. That's gone also, relying only on NFC.
jesseinsf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

MST is available in select countries like India.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Not on S21 as far I am concerned 🙂
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

To those of you mentioning how the S21 does not have MST, SD card slot, eSim, headphone Jack, Charger, headphones, LED light, pencil sharpener, heart rate and SPo2 sensor, please re-read the OP's question.  They are asking for DIFFERENCES BETWEEN S21 models, not the difference between the S21 and other phones out there.  The S21 of ANY model does not have any of these things (at least in the US).

@MisterySmile sadly, the TOS for this site prevents linking to other pages so anyone who links you to such pages will have their post deleted.  Try googling S21 vs S21+, etc, and I am sure that you will find a page that actually answers your question.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks- in fact it doesn't due to lack of transparency on Samsung specs. I was looking S21 vs S21 but different model as issued for EMEA, LATAM or US.
The reason for that is simple: US model doesn't have the dual sim or eSIM. If I go with the LATAM or European model, what should I expect? As a fact. LATAM is advertised 5G. Nevertheless because of 5G bands enabled not being covered in US is not getting any 5G signal but only LTE and that's weak.
In contrast to Apple which enables all the bands on their phone, more or less, you'll have to dig in for information when it's about Samsung. Shame on them.
0 Likes
anUnknownUser
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
At this point, I still do not know what specification my phobe has. Samsung has created a mess with it. The tech specs in the official website is useless when a client need to take a purchase decision.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here - I bought a 5G phone with no 5G signal and still not know what bands are covered and which not based on model number. I tried to figure it out based on FCC ID for latam dual sim they are selling in US but good luck with that as well.
0 Likes
user6IlhxY2V3R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Here's some bottom line on the dual sim topic for the S-21 Ultra 5G model.  I can use two SIMS in my phone perfectly.  I'm on TMobile and I'm using two TMobile nano SIMs in the two-card tray.  I bought my phone in Cambodia.  The model is international, unlocked, will all frequencies active.  Model SM-G998B/DS. It also has the Exynos 2100 processor with 256mb ram.    Probably like you, I saw to many specifications sets with conflicting data regarding the Dual Sims.  So today, I went to TMobile and I bought another line and added the 2nd SIM card.  It works great.   

0 Likes
user7voLUgeeIJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
If in USA are you getting 5G on this phone
0 Likes