JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Specification Differences

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 04:09 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anyone knows in depth diff between this versions? As usually samsung don't list the full specs of the US version at launch. Just a generic world wide FAQ which is innaccurate when we talk about localization.   SM-G998U vs SMG998B vs SM-G998DS

I assume it's mainly the CPU but there are others related to eSIM, FM radio, and 2G/3G/LTE/5G supported bands. 

In addition there are software related diffs eg apps like SamsungPay locked to a regional server so won't work across.

Any link, help is kindly appreciated. :folded_hands: :grinning_face:

22 Replies
userK7YF8td4lL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
  • I have buy SM-G998B/DSfrom Thailand it can't connect to5g too.
0 Likes
RogerDodger1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the SM-G998DS which is the Intl Version.  I am having a hard time getting decent data speeds on AT&T, only getting 3G speeds 3-5 Mbps at most. 

My understanding is that this is a compatible GSM phone for AT&T, I live in a 5G area, how come I am only getting this speeds? AT&T says this phone is not compatible with their system going by the IMEI number.

What is the cause of this? Is there any recourse? Is there any solution?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the international version too. Having similar issues but signal related and no 5G. The reason is mainly incompatible bands with US, so no LTE+ or 5G supported. That means, poor indoor signal and no 5G.
That's the main reason I asked in the original post the full specs which Samsung is always missing to share, even more with a pre-sale event :)
0 Likes