JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health App - Measure Heart rate

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 12:17 PM)
user4CyHCdN09z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I was an avid user of the Samsung Health App from my previous phone Galaxy S8

The health app and the Galaxy S8 had the technology to measure your heart rate and track it.

To my surprise after talking with Samsung Support, the Galaxy S21 Ultra does not have the hardware sensors needed to measure the heart rate.

When I upgrade to a new phone I expect it to be better than the previous versions. 

Why would the tech team remove a vital component, like the heart rate sensor, from the current version?

People from all over the world rely on smartphone technology to track their health. Measuring and monitoring your heart rate provides early detection of many diseases. 

I am very disappointed that you would remove the ability to measure your heart rate.

@Support 

@itsupport 

7 Replies
phatgirl86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
That is the same thing I wondered. And I realized they did that to make you buy more products like their watch.
Samsungdisappoints
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My S20 screen does not recognize my touch at least a dozen times a day & drives me up the wall. I can then clear the cache & it works afterwards, but this p.o.s. screen won't respond to my touch many MANY times a day & this may be my last Samsung (which is all that I've had for the past 4 models).
uservnEJyB1yMh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hey are you referring to the tap tap and on comes the screen bcus the lastest update has stop my screen from coming on from the tap tap. Now the finger print reader like stays on and the screen comes on upon me leaving my finger on the reader ..
Try that maybe it will work for you its a little weird after tapping my screen for a year to get it to come on..
Hope this helps
Samsungdisappoints
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No, unfortunately I'm not referring to the tap tap on the screen. This has been going on for many months where my screen will be open and on and it simply will not register my touch. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
0 Likes
userQkpj46U7FZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This! This I cannot believe! I used that feature everyday. I care for my parents and it was very useful when we weren't at home. I'm very disappointed. (About the health monitor sensors)
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating it can be not having a particular feature you are used to using all the time. We cannot predict when a feature will arrive or come back to an app. All we can do is suggest that you download the next available software update and maybe then the feature you're looking for will appear. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Samsungdisappoints
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
"We cannot predict when a feature will arrive or come back to an app". What kind of crappy answer is that supposed to be? Samsung has simply become like Apple & Google & simply want to sell units & gain market share instead of satisfying the needs of their customers. It's become so sad b/c Samsung used to be such a great, responsive, and innovative company that could be relied upon to lead instead of copying others and refining the ideas of others.