Original topic:

Samsung Messages app not playing customer notification sound.

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 08:10 AM)
Samsung_Y4ZmWOJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi,

Overall, I love my Galaxy S21. The only issue is with the Samsung messages app. I just purchased a Galaxy Watch Active 2 and want to receive text notification on the watch. But I use Google Messages for my default texting app. I enjoy using a customized notification sound. With the Samsung messages app, I can set the notification to my chosen sound, but it is not working. The Samsung messages app always plays the default notifications sound from my Galaxy S21. I need to know whether I'm getting an email notification or a SMS text notification by the different sound it makes. I have gone to my files and copied the sound to the notifications folder, but it is still not working properly. Can this issue be fixed, or can we download Google messages onto the Galaxy watch? Any suggestions would be great.     

2 Replies
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Are you changing the sound notifications from the messages app?

Press hold the Messages app > Info > Notifications > New Messages  > Sound 

0 Likes
Samsung_Y4ZmWOJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes. I am trying to set one custom notification for all SMS text messages that come in. I do have ability to assign a custom notification sound to a group, but not to the entire app. I open messages, hit the 3 dots on the right got o SETTINGS, go to NOTIFICATIONS, GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS, and assign a custom notification. It's there, I can see it. But when a SMS notification comes in, it defaults to the notification sound on the phone, which is a different sound. I also use WHATSAPP, and my customer notification is working correctly when I receive an SMS text.  

0 Likes