Original topic:

Samsung Pass - 2 apps on my phone?

(Topic created: 06-08-2022 10:56 AM)
The Burg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S21+ on Verizon.  One UI 4.1 update, May Samsung security uodate and May Google Play System update. Great phone and absolutely zero glitches of any kind.  I just noticed that I have 2 Samsung Pass apps:

Version 1.0.05.32
Version 4.0.01.1

The only one that shows in my app drawer is 4.0.01.1. Do I need both versions? Is it safe to delete Version "1"?

6 Replies
Samsung61587
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
For my May security patch it was an update of April's patch. I was so confused. You should only need the latest version not both of them
The Burg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
That's also what I thought, but I just discovered that neither app can be uninstalled or disabled, so I'm going to assume it's just another "Samsung quirk" and leave it alone.
Samsung61587
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Agreed
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@The Burg If you are looking at the App details, click the "App details in store" link near the bottom. You will see that the two are actually separate apps. They are:

• Samsung Pass (v4.0.01.1)
  • Samsung Pass Digital Key (v1.0.05.32)
The Burg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you for the clarification!
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I just watched my Samsung Pass update from the Galaxy Store.  There were 3 components, the third one being Samsung Pass Autofill.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes