Original topic:

Samsung Product Registration Rejected 3 Times??

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 05:46 PM)
Catbackpacker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

What safeguards are in place to protect my access to apps and services from bad Samsung customer care? My Galaxy S21 Ultra's product registration has been rejected three times. I don't receive the Samsung apps and services specific to my S21 Ultra,  and this is due to poor Samsung customer service.

4 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Good afternoon, I can certainly understand the frustration. The product registration with the Samsung account does not affect the access to apps. As long as the phone is signed into a Google account and Samsung account, it will have access to the Play store and Galaxy Store. Is this concern related to the work profile you've posted in regards to previously? If so, and the school system or owner of the work profile was unable to help remove it, completing a reset and creating a brand new account to sign in with would be my only other recommendation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Catbackpacker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
SamsungCole, thank you. Your advice for me to create a new Samsung Account makes the most sense. Before I factory reset, I'll set my lock screen to 'none', sign out of my Google Account, sign out of my Samsung Account, and leave the option to 'keep the profile' Unchecked. Then I perform the factory reset option in settings instead of hard key method. Both methods as well as wiping the partition have been unsuccessful. So my question is how do I ensure a successful start next time with the new Samsung Account? After an EMM provider like Samsung Knox has already activated itself, after Knox automatically enrolled a phone and mobile number, what must be done afterward to ensure a clean factory reset? How can I ensure Knox will not reestablish itself as the device admin? And create a work profile again? (Which can't be accessed or removed.) Won't Knox recognize my fingerprints are the same after resetting? I'm sincerely asking these questions. If I'm coming across as a bit smart aleck, it's not my intention. I truly don't know how to properly do a clean reset since none I've done so far have worked. The screenshots show the system source code that's currently stored on my phone. This read-only system viewer is an app I downloaded from the Play Store and is my only method for seeing which system apps run in the background on my phone. Without the viewer, none of these running Knox services are visible to me. Seeing this leads me to think that Knox is active and will remain active. The Knox EMM service begins running upon setup and after a factory reset, and Knox's processes continue to run regardless of who device owner is or who the profile belongs to. I'm willing to try anything though... even if it's something that hasn't worked before.Screenshot_20211110-195905_Dexplorer_9021.pngScreenshot_20211110-195925_Dexplorer_9022.pngScreenshot_20211110-195838_Dexplorer_9020.pngScreenshot_20211110-195324_Dexplorer_9013.png
0 Likes
Catbackpacker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Unrelated question just because I'm curious ... What is this Samsung Pay Framework other permission? It's called TUI_CLOSE Screenshot_20211110-211614_Permission controller_9049.jpg
0 Likes
Catbackpacker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
How would my phone receive the OTA update intented for a Galaxy S21 Ultra if Samsung Members does NOT know I own the S21 Ultra? Right now my Samsung Members screen says I just received the One UI 3 update. Except all S21 Ultras come shipped with One UI 3.1?? Instead of this One UI 3 message, I should be seeing a banner for One UI Home 4 beta registration offering to S21 Ultra owners. It's because the phone isn't registered or it isn't registered properly.

To help me get this EMM off my phone, My carrier AT&T unlocked my phone. Then I performed the factory reset. It didn't work...Google Work Essentials and Knox Enterprise are still on here. I contacted both providers AGAIN and both providers have ignored me again.
0 Likes