JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung (Ram Plus)

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 04:25 AM)
isaac420
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the S21 FE 5G , (6GB of Ram). It's set at 4GB of Ram by Default. Is it smart to put it to 6GB of Ram since that's my phone Max Ram capacity or should I just keep it the same???? Lmkk
2 Replies
Solution
STRATA
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
RAM Plus is not your devices psychical ram chip, it uses storage as RAM for task that you are doing, if you set to 6 its safe, however do you actually have a need for it or have you found yourself using all 6GB of RAM on a occasional usage pattern. if not 4GB is totally fine if you even reach that portion leaving it at 2GB is fine.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

As stated above, Ram Plus allocates some of your slower storage as RAM which will not be used for apps that you are currently using, but it will be loaded up with background apps.  Theoretically this will speed up bring those background apps to the foreground when you need them. RAM in Android is managed differently than in windows where we have a desire to clean up and free up RAM.  In Android the OS purposely fills the ram and operates in that state. 

I have 16g in my S21U and I have no desire to have any of my apps loaded in the slower storage memory so when One UI 5 gets here and I can turn off RAM Plus, I will. 

How much RAM Plus should you allocate?  I suppose that all depends on your use case. 

Here's an interesting article that you should read before diving head first into the Ram Plus panacea. 

https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-ram-plus-phone-how-to-disable/

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes