Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra Malfunctioning on Arrival

(Topic created on: 4/10/21 2:15 PM)
Meaghan P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Immediately after turning on my brand new Samsung 21 Ultra it began freezing and restarting...its been 24 hours and it has probably hard reset after a freeze more than 20 times.  I spoke to a representative and their supervisor and THEY REFUSED TO EXCHANGE!!  I went to my local Verizon store and they confirmed there is an issue with my phone because upon reboot it does not write the model of the phone on the start up screen and they said this absolutely should not be happening.

Support wants me to send phone back and reorder.  Which means I need to find $1,000 lying around to reorder this phone, and then twiddle my thumbs for over a week while I wait for my phone to mail back and then for this pitiful excuse of a company to issue me a refund on THEIR MALFUNCTIONING PRODUCT.  

DO NOT ORDER ON SAMSUNG.COM....this is just one of my many complaints from this entire process.  

7 Replies
userFLLB3ZnGug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
What do we pay insurance for on these phones then they want to give you a refurbished phones
0 Likes
Meaghan P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately this was a brand new phone I ordered, not refurbished. 

userFLLB3ZnGug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't believe this Samsung has a problem like this knowing they destroyed half of people's phones and they don't want to make good on them this is just so bad
0 Likes
Meaghan P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

@samsung978531 is this really how you treat your customers?  You don't stand behind your products and admit when something has a problem and exchange it?  Woke up this morning, simply browsing Facebook and it has froze on me 3 times already in an hour.  No other apps open.

Since your help desk and Customer Service lines are closed on the weekends, I have no choice but to keep complaining here.  

userFLLB3ZnGug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
See what I mean they know they have a problem instead of making good for it they're going to make people suffer for it at this time of the pandemic people don't have money like this this is their fault and they are to make good for it
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. When you set up your device, did you restore via back up or smart switch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userucMyBO79AF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung S21 Ultra 512. First time set up: smart switch. Phone kept freezing during use, finger print cannot be read to unlock phone. Called customer service and was told to factory reset. Second time: via back up.  Finger print works better; however, crashes multiple times while I was typing email, the keyboard would comes up, disappears, comes up, and disappear again.  Jumpy screen.  I have to exit email, and finish the email on my computer.  Extremely frustrating that a $1311 phone would have to be reset, and hours wasted setting everything up again. AND now it is acting up/freezing up again.   App won't open, or an app for my remote monitoring of cameras would freeze AND twice showed that I had no system registered.  I have used this app for three years now on another phone with no issue whatsoever.  No, there had been no update whatsoever for this app.   What is going on?????  Please help.

0 Likes