JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S21 audio cutting out while on calls

(Topic created: 03-23-2021 07:15 AM)
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ok y'all. I'm seriously at my wits end. I recently upgraded to s21 and traded in my S9. Ever since I got the phone, during calls, it's as if the call cuts out but the other person can still hear me talking but I can't hear them. Then my phone will hang up. I've contacted T-mobile, no issues in my area. Contacted Samsung, followed steps for troubleshooting, rebooting in safe mode and even factory reset the <edit> phone 2x. 

Has anyone else had similar issues? Haa it be resolved and what did you do? Samsung wants me to send my phone back to be looked at then they will send it back to me. I honestly don't know if I should trust it...<edit>?? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!! 
26 Replies
RFtech53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Using new SIM card.

0 Likes
RFtech53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

To repeat one of my previous posting, BOTH the weak receive signal, and the WiFi Calling shutting itself off after turning it ON, are issues that the S21 seem to have. My carrier has been in contact with Samsung about these problems (none of the other manufacturers phones they sell have these problems according to their Techs that I've talked to). 

Either I send back my S21 for a refund, or ... and I've already bit the bullet on this ... I ordered a Multi Room weBoost amplifier to allow me to use my cell service in my home ... and extra $550 I shouldn't need to spend. Plus the time it will take me to mount the external antenna and run cables through the home.  All the other Samsung (and other brands I've owned for the last 33 years at my home) have all worked fine on their own. 

It would be one thing if Samsung came out publicly and said, "We know of the current issues people are having after spending $1100 on our S21 and we're working dillengtly on fixes".  But they haven't.  And the weak receive signal is likely a hardware issue (internal antenna, RF circuit path) that updates won't be able to solve. If the WiFi calling would stay on, once activated, at least I could use that in my home to make and receive calls.  But having to always go into the menus and switch it back on? That's unacceptable for an $1100 phone. 

I hate to say this, but when I go to upgrade phones again, I'll be looking at (gasp) iPhone. 

0 Likes
userDdxLIVE9wZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm in Australia and my week old S21 5G is doing the same. The callers voice cuts out half way through conversation, I select the speaker icon and can hear them again talking over the speaker, I then change back from the speaker to the earpiece and the voice is back. This can happen twice in a few minute conversation, so disappointed.

0 Likes
userRmyiFcnrFy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have new S21 this week, and keep having this issue when on call suddenly loss all audio from both parties, I been able to reproduce this but not 100% of the time, I noticed that when on call and a receive an android notification the audio goes away, not sure if you are seeing the same, I hope this is fixed by software soon, I really like the phone but this is not possible to work with. Thanks!

0 Likes
LadiDawn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same issue! Any fix for this?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi Can you provide the following information?

• Model number
  • IMEI number

View solution in context

0 Likes
Members_eWeGykR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My wife and I just got S21 phone and are experiencing the same issue on both phones. I've also noticed that the phones will randomly mute the ringer for the phone. So very disappointed! We spent a lot of money to upgrade to 5G and I TOTALLY regret it... I would gladly take my iPhone 8 back if I could.

I can't believe we are the only ones experiencing this but I am having difficulty finding others with the same issues.

0 Likes