JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S21 audio cutting out while on calls

(Topic created: 03-17-2021 10:07 PM)
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ok y'all. I'm seriously at my wits end. I recently upgraded to s21 and traded in my S9. Ever since I got the phone, during calls, it's as if the call cuts out but the other person can still hear me talking but I can't hear them. Then my phone will hang up. I've contacted T-mobile, no issues in my area. Contacted Samsung, followed steps for troubleshooting, rebooting in safe mode and even factory reset the <edit> phone 2x. 

Has anyone else had similar issues? Haa it be resolved and what did you do? Samsung wants me to send my phone back to be looked at then they will send it back to me. I honestly don't know if I should trust it...<edit>?? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!! 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
userO1TN4tyO91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
change mobile network and see if that helps. go to settings>connections> mobile networks>network mode > LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)
0 Likes
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
so I've done this and I was convinced it was fixed. but then i dropped calls fri and Saturday...all day. I'm just at a loss for words.
0 Likes
RFtech53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

My nearest carrier's tower is 3.5 miles from me and is 5G equipped. And their map (I know you can't always go by that) shows me in their 5G area. 

0 Likes
RFtech53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm currently out $1700 for (2) S21+ phones which I can't use. I'm hoping to get refunds on both. My Signal level is so bad that most of the time I can't get service at my house (while my traded S8+ worked fine). Further, the WiFi calling keeps shutting itself off so I can't reliably use WiFi Calling either. My carrier says that Samsung is aware of both issues.

So so sorry I I bought the S21+. And Samsung tells me I likely can't get back my traded S8+ since it's gone through their system. 

0 Likes
Plantguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes...this seems is becoming a more common issue as the weeks go on. I have two phones which it affects. Wifi calling on or off, it doesn't matter. I can't receive calls or make them. Checked with Tmobile and the towers are fine. I also have the constant switch back and forth between wifi and mobile data when I have an extremely strong wifi signal.

Hopefully a fix is released soon.
0 Likes
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
i hope so too. I'm seriously at my wits end. I've never had this mamy issues with a new phone before
0 Likes
userO1TN4tyO91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
last thing. are you guys using the Sim card that came with the phone or your old one? it's best to use the new Sim card as it's 5G equipped.
0 Likes
sexyNMbabe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
mine is a new sim card cause I switched from sprint to tmobile. my area doesn't have 5G yet so I thought that was the reasoning for my dropped calls.
0 Likes
userO1TN4tyO91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
your device might be defected then
0 Likes
Plantguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am using a new SIM too. I've seen this issue pop up on here and reddit so I find it hard to believe it's just a random, defective device. Though that does happen, I think it's an issue with the software/radio firmware. I'll wait and see what happens over the next month or so and see if a fix is pushed out.
0 Likes