Original topic:

Samsung internet homepage keeps changing at phone restart

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 09:39 AM)
JoelS21P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello,

I noticed recently that if I change my Samsung internet's homepage to "Quick access" or current page or custom and if I restart my phone, the homepage automatically changes to "Default" which it set to "www.google.com"

Does anyone know why it is doing it?
I would like to keep the homepage on"Quick access" all the time. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Honestly your best bet is to move to chrome or edge. If you don't want to do that go to the Galaxy apps store and make sure that app is up to to date. You could try also clearing the data on that app to see if that fixes it
0 Likes
JoelS21P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It is always up to date. I've also tried beta versions of Samsung internet and tried clearing cache and data and it still behaves the same. The only reason I use Samsung internet is because the scroll for web pages are much smoother than chrome and it has Samsung pass
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Figured that was the case but wanted to ask. I did dig up the contact email for that specific app. I would reach out to them their team usually can figure it out or you may even help them find a flaw that needs a patch
browser.cs@samsung.com
0 Likes
JoelS21P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you! I'll contact them. I appreciate the help and research
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You are welcome, these type of issues drive me nuts so always happy to help
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
You could uninstall updates and download the latest version again. Go to the app info page for Samsung internet and in the top right there is 3 dots with the option to uninstall updates.
0 Likes
JoelS21P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you all for your help. I think I figured out what the issue was... maybe. It had to do with the my settings page being synced to Samsung cloud. At some point Samsung cloud synced the homepage setting that it had set to default and every time i restart my phone cloud syncs the old settings back. I re-synced the new settings to Samsung cloud. I will monitor this for the next few days and confirm if this was actually the cause.
0 Likes