JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Internet opening on its own?

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 03:11 PM)
PhillipEssick
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Has anyone else had an issue with Samsung internet opening on it's own I've done scans I've even disabled it now my Google Chrome does it I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy A50 now I have a Samsung Galaxy A03s any suggestions would be helpful thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jess04
Sun
Options
A few things:

1) Had your A03s done that from the very beginning, or do you think it may have started after downloading an app?

2) Does there seem to be a pattern as to when it happens, or is it random?

3) If it seems to be random, have you tried restarting your phone into Safe Mode, so 3rd party apps don't work, and see if one of them could be the cause?

4) Otherwise, have you factory reset either device while it experienced the issue?

5) If you restart in Safe Mode and the browser doesn't open on its own, then uninstall all of your third-party apps and slowly reinstall them over time to see which one is the culprit

6) If the issue persisted in Safe Mode, then you may have malaware on your phone. To which you should back up contacts and photos to Google, (if SMS history is important, download SMS Backup & Restore and back them up to Google as well) then factory reset and restore those 2 - 3 types of media and nothing else.

Hopefully those tips and suggestions help.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Jess04
Sun
Options
A few things:

1) Had your A03s done that from the very beginning, or do you think it may have started after downloading an app?

2) Does there seem to be a pattern as to when it happens, or is it random?

3) If it seems to be random, have you tried restarting your phone into Safe Mode, so 3rd party apps don't work, and see if one of them could be the cause?

4) Otherwise, have you factory reset either device while it experienced the issue?

5) If you restart in Safe Mode and the browser doesn't open on its own, then uninstall all of your third-party apps and slowly reinstall them over time to see which one is the culprit

6) If the issue persisted in Safe Mode, then you may have malaware on your phone. To which you should back up contacts and photos to Google, (if SMS history is important, download SMS Backup & Restore and back them up to Google as well) then factory reset and restore those 2 - 3 types of media and nothing else.

Hopefully those tips and suggestions help.
PhillipEssick
Astronaut
Options
Hey jess I've tried a couple of those I'll try the other stuff you suggested and see what happens I appreciate the information
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Check default apps for digital assistant with home button
PhillipEssick
Astronaut
Options
Ok will check it thanks Galaxy
0 Likes
Hasani87
Astronaut
Options
I've had the same problem. Does yours open to Buimus.com most of the time? I've even gone into the settings and chosen "Discontinue use of Samsung Internet Browser" but it keeps opening.
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
No. Sounds like you may have an trojan on your phone.
Magrey00
Asteroid
Options

Hello, the same thing happens to me, I have taken all the measures recommended here, and the problem continues, now I am in the stage of uninstalling the latest applications, to see if any of them is the cause, because I do not want to go through the process to restore the factory mobile until all possible measures are exhausted, I will let you know if uninstalling the latest applications works, and what was the cause if the process is positive.

0 Likes
Magrey00
Asteroid
Options

I tell you that after uninstalling all recent applications, the problem continues, and definitely the next step will be to restore the cell phone to factory settings.

0 Likes
pxp2049
Astronaut
Options
I have the same issue but Samsung internet is opening cashapp one every minute
0 Likes