Original topic:

Samsung messages

(Topic created on: 4/24/21 6:27 PM)
JermBry85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've seen a few forums about the chat features for the unlocked versions for the Samsung s21.. 

I thought I'd put this up as well. I just purchased an unlocked s21 and I'm on t-mobile in the USA. When I had my s10 previously, the chat features were there. I know that I could use Google messages for the rcs features. But for the compatibility with my galaxy watch and shared messages on my galaxy tab s5e, I prefer Samsung messages overall. 

Is there a time frame for when the unlocked versions can get this feature?
5 Replies
dgrdan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am in the same boat as you. Using Google messages just so I can have the RCS features. Would rather use samsung messages as it integrates better with my galaxy watch. Have unlocked S21 on Verizon.
Des76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you have the Handwriting (Live Drawing) feature on your unlocked S21? It seems to have been removed before I got mine, even though it was there when the phones came out, and I had no idea.
0 Likes
JermBry85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't see that feature on mine? I was thinking that was a feature for the ultra though..
0 Likes
Des76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
@JermBry85 To the left of the place where you compose a text, there's a plus icon. If you tap that, the Handwriting option should come up.

It's basically identical to Live Drawing, but it's been on all phones since the S8. Live Drawing was added in an update to all phones a few years ago and should be available as an edge panel option. So unlike Handwriting, it's available anywhere.

My S21 is missing both of these options, but they were both available when the phone first came out in January--on all models.

The Ultra does have the bonus of being compatible with the S-Pen, which makes these easier to use, but that's it.
J1134
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If Google can do it through their messages app, then samsung could do it through theirs . Why people have been having to go into hidden settings to turn it on for years is crazy. It works Please samsung turn it on through samsung messages with the enter chat message text and blue bubbles
Rich communication toggle :white_heavy_check_mark: