JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung needs to support WMA music files

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 05:26 PM)
Yamon234
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Apparently Samsung doesn't support WMA music files. Since "upgrading" to my s21 ultra my alarms don't go off half the time anymore making me late for work. Come to find out when you have an alarm app set to randomly play music it can see but doesn't play WMA files. So the screen lights up but no music plays when a WMA file is randomly selected. This really is as simple as them adding the codec to the Android OS. Their solution they've posted is find a player that supports it. And while my music app Power Amp does. It's not an alarm app and I can't find an alarm app that supports its own codecs. Their current response is unacceptable for such an expensive product theyve cut so many features off of. I spent alot of money on a phone that can't function as an alarm the way I want it to. 
16 Replies
userVn1bj40unx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How do u convert them to mp3.
userdKn0my8fgt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It is a Samsung thing. Samsung decides what their apps do.   I have only  used WMA music files on very phone I have had since 2010. This includes Galaxy S models from the S2 to the S5 and Note models from the note 4 to the my note 20 Ultra. How do you call yourself a "Samsung Care Ambassador" and not know that?

CASassanach
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I upgraded from an S10+ to an S21 and my WMA files will not play on the S21
Pablo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Who uses WMA...? 

Connect the alarm with Spotify, works great.

0 Likes
Yamon234
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Me. Lol
My alarm doesn't do Spotify and I wouldn't use it if it did. I don't like Spotify. I keep my own library.
Members_kr754qb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just moved from an S9 to an S21. The S9 played all of my music files including WMA, The S21 does not. Seems stupid on Samsung's part to me. I moved to Rocket Music player and it works fine. I hate the adds but at least it plays my music. 

Yamon234
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Power amp plays all the music files. And has an upgrade to get rid of ads. My end solution for playing my music was converting everything to a different format. But Poweramp will play anything since it has its own codecs