JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung never listens to feature requests

(Topic created: 11-15-2022 07:02 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Y'all never listen in the beta forums what's the point even. All you do is create bugs in the beta and then listen to people reporting those bugs. You never listen to feature ideas. You could've so easily brought a taskbar to the S21 phones but you didn't.

17 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Why would we want taskbar on the S21 series though when we have edge panel.
Options
Galaxy S21
I already mentioned it plenty of times In the beta forum, and people agreed with me. It's for switching between Fullscreen apps in one click. The same way you'd use a computer. It's already possible on the galaxy fold. It's a easy thing to bring over
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
It would take up for space off a screen that is already small enough though.
Options
Galaxy S21
No it wouldn't at all, remember the navigation bar, it wouldn't need to be any bigger than that. There's no excuse for them not to. Gonna be laughing when iOS beats them to it. Even the iPads have taskbars tho they're not as intuitive as the galaxy tabs imo
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Those are iPads. I mean Apple already did beat us to it, for example, the live feed because Samsung decided to discontinue that on the S7 edge. And what about people who use the swipe gesture? I dont think it is needed for a screen this small.
Options
Galaxy S21
I use the swipe gesture as well, the taskbar isn't something that has to be either or, it can be alongside swipe gestures
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Why does a phone need a tablet option
That's a waste on a non tablet or folding phone
Options
Galaxy S21
Don't label it as a tablet option. It's a multitasking option, it would be miles better and more intuitive, currently the way to switch apps is to swipe up and hold. Then swipe through your task manager, not a very intuitive feature. But with a taskbar you could switch between all your apps in a single touch
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
For tablets. Good lock has an option to help multi tasking. Phones and tablets are different meaning they need different things