Original topic:

Samsung rejected my trade in.

(Topic created: 04-04-2021 08:35 AM)
Samsung_TZADYaX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I purchased an S21 Ultra and sent off my Pixel 4 for a trade-in. I purchased that phone directly from Google.  A week later I got an e-mail claiming that it wasn't a Pixel 4 and that I didn't factory reset it. They offered no recourse to challenge this decision.
After research, I found their Support Chat and tried that. I've tried twice to do this, each time with a different person. They both said they'll escalate the issue. It's been 3 weeks now and I still haven't received a response from the escalation.
Now, I'm afraid that if I request to have my phone sent back, They will tell me I'm outside the window time frame. Or they will end up sending me the phone that they claim I sent them!

Does anyone have an idea about how to rectify this problem? I'm very frustrated and disappointed.

0 Likes
5 Replies
PraviinM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
File a complaint with the BBB https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
They take this very seriously and someone will contact you to talk about your issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_TZADYaX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks.
I'm afraid I'll have to take that measure.

0 Likes
user7Oyf9fy78V
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue except they are now saying my phone won't power on and isn't reset... but of its doesn't power on how do they know its not reset? I loved my s9 and only traded it in bc I cracked the screen. And had to take it to Metro the day I sent it to Samsung. This company is complete trash and now I'm stuck with the s21 ultra which has less features.

0 Likes
userbfLqGDS67w
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This is exactly what happened to my trade in. I went through the online support center twice. Now it has been rejected yet again. 

I hope you can find answers, because I can't.

0 Likes
Samsung_TZADYaX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I replied to this but I don't think it went through.
I did resolve the problem after much effort.

You need to continually email them and use their chat function. Multiple times. Save all your emails and get a ticket number for the chats.
Here's the link:
Contact Samsung 

I think what finally worked, and rather quickly, is I filed a complaint with the BBB. I provided my emails and chats, along with the replies.
I used the "I'd like to resolve a problem with a business." option.
Here's the link:
bbb file-a-complaint 

Good Luck!

0 Likes