Original topic:

Samsung screws you

(Topic created: 06-25-2021 06:28 PM)
Phatjam98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I traded a device in for a 550 credit towards the s21 ultra. There was an issue with the trade in so they tried to charge me 550. After calling them they offered for me to send back the full order and get the device back then reorder. This was nuts and so they offered to try the trade in again. When they got back to me and said they couldn't accept the trade in I was no longer able to send back the order. So they offered a one time exception. They wanted me to request the device back and wait until they charged my account and then call back with a ticket number and they would credit the account.

Fast forward 4 months and no charge. But I got a collection letter for 550. Obviously I was not happy with this. I called back to get it figured out and I was told the following.

They couldn't charge my finance account for some reason even though there is over 2k available on it. 
They couldn't credit the 550 because they sent the trade in back to me... Which they told me to do.
They have the ticket created for the exception and will not honor it. 
The best solution is for me to pay the collection company.

I am done forever with Samsung and I suggest everyone seriously reconsider working with this terrible company. I've always resisted Apple but they have forced my hand. 
6 Replies
BFB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's ok I bought the s20fe 5g and it was over heating Samsung wanted the phone back so I sent it to them and they had it for 2 weeks and did nothing but screw it up now if I use auto brightness my screen flickers and acts up until I turn off auto brightness and restart the phone and it still gets hot at times
0 Likes
Phatjam98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yup. I sent an overheating s10 5g in and they sent it back without the sim card and tray. Great devices. Garbage customer service. They even have the ticket for this one time exception and they refuse to honor it
0 Likes
BFB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Of course they do apple was good but I don't like the new setup to where your phone can turn the music volume down that's really the only reason I came back to Samsung apple has so many places to get phones fixed like best buy geek squad but Samsung the closest is Texas I'm in pa like for real catch up with the times or apple is going to take over completely
0 Likes
Phatjam98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've never liked Apple. Maybe I'll go with a pixle
Oreosuit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you do the basic elementary math, you will never get back what you paid for. It is an old device and none will be interested in buying it at your price. I got tired of buying high and selling cheap. So, I just lease them out and pay about $40 plus monthly service. Then, I get to upgrade anytime I wanted to. I always ended up saving more and more. Trust me!
0 Likes
Phatjam98
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung actually pays a premium. My s10 5g they were offering 550 which is why I made the trade in. Leasing is fine, but I prefer to not be stuck with a carrier so I buy my phones.
0 Likes