Original topic:

Screen Record Button

(Topic created: a month ago)
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok so I've notices this before and just noticed it again. I factory reset my phone before upgrading to the new beta UI. I had some suspicions that Spyware or something intrusive to my privacy was on my phone. I backed up on apps that I installed and used smartswitch after the upgrade to the UI. Previously I noticed at times when I'd open the notification tab and then pull down to the quick panel that my screen record button was blue like it was being used. I've also after seeing that looked at the clipboard and found screenshots of what I was just looking at on my phone. I didn't now capture any screenshots or record anything. I was looking at different settings within my phone and that's what the screenshots were of. I'm not sure how or what would cause this, especially after factory resetting a couple days ago. Essentially has anyone else noticed there screen record button on or images in their clipboard they haven't taken?? Any help or advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
12 Replies
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also I noticed what looks like a blue ink smudge in that area whenever I pull that tab down.
0 Likes
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The blue ink smudge is actually the phone blurring out what's displayed underneith the menu... didn't notice it right away and forgot to post here elaborating lol.
0 Likes
ChMaVa1882
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
Not what ur experiencing exactly but I've had Android 11 since the end of June and u can see all the features and such but sum of my settings change or I can't update a certain app from the galaxy store. Sumtimes will be laying the table and all of a sudden my txt to speech says 'Gmail notifications ' sumthing. All these weird lil things it does or has changed. I have reported a few of them. But by the time I take a screenshot and report it,the issue is usually resolved already. Lol I have a A50. It runs slow alot,freezes and I get error msgs or weird lil icons popping up but Samsung works hard I think to resolves issues...just takes time. Ain't no phone perfect. 😉
0 Likes
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It sounds like you've got Spyware on your phone. I know there is something going on with mine, Google recently told me to go to local authorities and ic3.gov which is the feds cybercrime unit. I recommend backing up any crucial information and factory resetting, hopefully that clears the issue, unfortunately for me it did not.
0 Likes
Bee18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not so sure if this will work but do you think scanning your phone through the Device Care App will help check if there's Spyware on your phone or not. Just wondering how powerful the McAfee Scanning is.
0 Likes
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So if you install it immediately from the beginning maybe it would work but if you think your device is compromised it will not help and I guarantee that. The way to tell is how long it takes to scan. Super short no Bueno. Jt should take a couple minutes.
0 Likes
BinWatched247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
From experience, if you have something malicious on your device then add the protection, whether McAfee, Norton, and care app it will not detect the intrusion. These days things are pretty good about covering their tracks. I have a paid subscription to Norton 360 and McAfee for my devices thinking that would help or alleviate my issues, there was no gain. I notice that before I thought anything was on my device that when scanning (Norton, McAfee, play protect) it would take more than a minute usually 3 to 5 depending on device and amount of space being used. Now after time and being about 95% sure there's something odd going on with my device, I notice the scans will be done in seconds, literally never taking more than 15 seconds. Also my Norton started saying it was detecting an SD card... one big red flag there is that my s21+ doesn't even have an SD card. It fully let's me click to scan an SD card that's not there and tells me everything is a okay lol.
0 Likes
Mason968
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Me too.... My Metadata has been altered by a halfwit thief spy... its like dang dont you have a life?? Bc you dont have time for anybody but me....!!!
0 Likes
Mason968
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Its a relief to know about others issues, i was afraid to complain about the problem for fear they call me crazy!
0 Likes