Original topic:

Screen Recording

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 09:02 AM)
Tipbme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
What is the point of having this feature if the recording is crappy? The feature was fixed at one point where you could send a full sized video. Now the ending product looks as if was a bootlegged recording. 
7 Replies
CalderCay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Sending using "what"?

Also, was there an "event" where you see the change [after the event] ?
Knrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It could be the recipient you're sending it to, I know when I send anything or receive anything from an iPhone the quality is reduced to crappy bootleg status. I have a S21 Ultra and I don't have any issues with the quality of my screen recordings, but I've only sent them via Skype so far. I'm assuming you've checked the settings for screen recordings and for media options for messages, if not you could check that maybe?
Tipbme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same exact phone. I send to other Samsung users or post on a site it's small & bad quality. It's only great when I view them on my own.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Tipbme If you can view it on your phone and it is fine, then you know that it was captured just fine. 

When you send it via text message, the video can be compressed and the quality degraded. It is better to share a link from Google Photos, use the Link Sharing provided by Samsung, or something like WhatsApp. 

Tipbme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
True. But idk what happened it improved after an update. Then 2 more updates came and it went back to low quality
0 Likes
Tipbme
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It was still horrible sending to another Samsung user
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
You might want to try a workaround of creating a share link on Google Photos which will keep it in original quality and avoid compression or file size limits.