Original topic:

Screen regularly flickers black, forces orientation from horizontal to vertical, and other issues

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 03:33 AM)
userIkFVnIXy8q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

In August I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to replace my old iPhone SE which had finally given up the ghost, and was very pleased with the product, but 3 months later it already has developed problems.

One is a noticeable clicking sound from inside every time the phone is rotated from on its back to on its side and vice versa, and the other is hard to describe a faint scale-like pattern on the left side of the screen which is slightly rough, unlike the rest of the screen and catches the light and can make viewing that part of the screen difficult in certain light conditions or at certain angles.

The most annoying problem though, as I use the phone to consume a lot of media: videos, films, audiobooks, is an issue where every two minutes or so the phone will freeze up for a second. The screen flickers black, the orientation is forced from horizontal to vertical, and any media (video or audio) either stops entirely or is minimised and paused. This also causes messages being typed out in some applications like Messenger to be erased if it freezes before I have finished writing them. This is especially frustrating in a product I wanted particularly for the high quality of its display, and which cost as much as my laptop. (EDIT: it doesn't seem to happen in Safe Mode).

I imagine the clicking sound is from some loose component inside the phone but I have no idea what has caused the other two issues. Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong or for a possible solution? image/videos can be supplied if needed

0 Likes
1 Reply
Options
Galaxy S21
If it's in warranty return it. If not software reset. Backup first. If that doesn't fix it. It's broke nothing you can do. Buy a better case. Next time
0 Likes