Original topic:

Screen vibrating; Samsung support says never heard of this before

(Topic created: 07-03-2021 02:19 PM)
user20PdH1pw7m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all, first time here. Just jumped camp from iPhone to Android and chose Samsung to jump to. It’s an S21 Ultra 5G. I've had it about 7-8 days at most. It has not been exposed to water or any liquid, been dropped or damaged in any way I know. I mention this because it was the first question the tech asked.
Problem. My screen vibrates, all the time. I can't see it, hear it, or feel it, however, if I place something on the screen, (phone lying on it's back, screen up), the items or item, will "walk" across the screen toward whatever side is the lowest.

First discovered this when I set a small lunch desert (3 cookies) on the phone screen. When I looked back up they had moved across the screen and were leaning over the edge. Put them back in the center of the screen and watched as they started to move off the screen in the same direction, again. A plastic "Sharpie" pen cap is a good example. I stand it up on the screen and it starts moving and usually starts to spin too, I assume the clip side it slightly heavier.

Tech had me turn off all vibration features, and I did a reset, neither made any difference. Take it back to Verizon was his advice. Said he had never heard or worked on this issue and I was the first time it had ever come up.

Any thoughts? Hear of this before?

These phones are on back order and reactivating my old iPhone and waiting another 3 weeks for another S21 would be a pain.

Thanks in advance for any help. Gary F.

6 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
I would take it to Verizon and see if they have any ideas. If it is vibrating it is using battery and is likely a hardware problem
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello there, have you attempted any troubleshooting for this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user20PdH1pw7m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Changed vibration and screen settings, did a reset, no joy.

What are you suggesting?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakiFix which is a Samsung Authorized service center. They would be able to get a hands-on look at your device. Give this link a try to locate a UbreakIfix near you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user20PdH1pw7m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Called them. Nick says no idea of what might cause this. Says he can reset to factory status and reinstall the OS to see if that helps. I assume I would have to pay for the service. He also agrees with the Samsung tech when he said to return the phone to Verizon. What a pain in the neck this is becoming. I'm going to do a factory reset on it, (I am told I will have to start fresh setting it up except for the phone number and activation which will be untouched by the reset). Everyone agree with that statement? I would be the one guy that gets a new phone with an unsolvable problem. 

0 Likes
user20PdH1pw7m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Took the phone to a Verizon store where the tech happened to have the same phone. Put the cap on my screen, it started to dance down the screen, put it on his screen and it was rock solid, put it back on my screen and again, it takes off following gravity. I asked if he saw this as he stared at my dancing sharpie cap. He told me, yes he did, but he didn't believe it. I have a new phone coming now from the warehouse, although it is backordered, due in about July 20th. He did have one in the store but it was a 128gb; mine is a 256. Meanwhile I'm setting up this rogue S21 and will back it up to transfer to the new, and hopefully better behaved, S21 when it comes in.

Gary  

0 Likes