Original topic:

Screenshot cropping quit working

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 02:09 PM)
Scottbal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My Samsung s21 screenshot crop feature quit working last week for no obvious reasons any suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to crop your screenshots and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Are you trying to crop from the screenshot screen or the Gallery?

I would recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience these symptoms. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ 

Next step would be to wipe the cache partition on your device. 

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

Step 1: Turn off the phone.
Step 2: Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side/Power key.
Step 3: When the Samsung Galaxy logo appears, release both the Volume Up key and Side/Power key.
You will see the ‘Installing system update’ message appearing briefly before the Android Recovery menu options shows up.
Step 4: Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition option.

Step 5: Once the wipe cache partition option is highlighted, press the Side/Power key to select.
Step 6: Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side/Power key to select.
Step 7: When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Step 8: Press the Side/Power key to restart the phone.

0 Likes
Scottbal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
After taking a screenshot, it gives you a couple options in a bar across the bottom (the "share" feature works fine)
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

did the instruction from Moderator not help fix the issue??

if so, reproduce the issue then report to samsung using samsung members app > get help > error report.

what software version is the phone running? what is the phone's model number?

0 Likes