Original topic:

Screenshots are very awkward

(Topic created on: 4/12/21 12:22 PM)
kaufmanj1973
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Taking screenshots on the S21 is a very awkward process.  On prior Android phones, the volume was on the left of the device, and the power button on the right, so you could simultaneously press both buttons with ONE HAND.  Placing the volume and power buttons entirely on the right side makes it a complicated and awkward process of taking screenshots, requiring placing BOTH hands on the device in order to wrap fingers around the back to press both buttons.

Please make it so that we can at least program the "Bixby" button (which I have entirely disabled right now), so that if we double-press that Bixby button, it will take a screenshot.

7 Replies
Grma
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I have no issue taking a screen shot with one hand..
But left me say.. I'm left handed..
1. Hold phone and place phone in plam of your hand
2. Take two fingers one on power button one on volume down and...
3. Press and release quickly.. do not hold buttons.. just press and release across bottom of phone slide opens... tells you your options.. (closes a little too quickly for me)

But it's easy.. for a lefty.. tried with my right hand and just can't get my thumb to press both together
0 Likes
kaufmanj1973
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ah yes, that would make it easy, for wrong handers. :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I'm left handed, but only for writing. Everything else is right hand, hence being awkward, as you discovered.

If they would just let us program that power button, two presses for screenshots, that'd be terrific.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Ways to take a screen shot other than the Power/Vol Dn buttons

1.  Hey Bixby, Take a screen shot

2. Hey Google, take a screen shot

3. Swipe the side of you hand across the screen.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Tips & Tricks - Screenshot - Bing video

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
kaufmanj1973
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I disabled Bixby. Hate it. Google voice command doesn't work. Besides, if I'm sitting in public, or at home with others, talking out loud to my phone is disruptive.

Tried the hand swipe, doesn't work. And yes, I went into Motions and Gestures in the settings, it's enabled, just doesn't work.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Practice with the palm swipe.  All 4 options work on my phone.  If they are not on yours maybe try Safe Mode.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
kaufmanj1973
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I will experiment with it, but it all seems like Samsung took a step backward with this. Newer devices are supposed to be EASIER to use, not harder.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You could try the edge panel. Add the tasks edge and add the ability to take a screen shot. I do agree it's a bit wonky that they moved the volume rocker over to the right side. And google doesn't take a screenshot correctly.
0 Likes