Original topic:

Security Error This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software

(Topic created: 12-27-2022 04:53 AM)
stollca
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have S21 with above error. The corrupted phone has the last pictures of my husband before he died. How do I transfer photos from corrupted phone to replacement phone. The carrier Verizon was no help. Google does not have backup. Smart switch doesn't work. I would appreciate any help. Sorry if I'm not posting correctly, my husband was the techie and I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks

3 Replies
BDub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Call Samsung, if you haven't flashed the phone it could be a defective part. There is a post on Verizon support site of a user experiencing the same issue and the phone was repaired.
https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung/Note-20-green-screen-Security-Error-This-phone-has-been-fla...
0 Likes
Ekamek
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Can you not connect the phone to a computer to access the storage using Windows Explorer (same as opening a folder or My/This PC)? Try accessing phone storage directly that way
0 Likes
Ray_Ginald
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This message occurs when the phone has been rooted, a different OS (Operating System) was installed or something is on there that shouldn't have been. One way to fix the phone is a tad complicated and you said it yourself you aren't much of a techie, and even if you were able to get the protocols right there's no guarantee it will fix the phone. This would've entailed purchasing an EDL cable to flash the ROM via a computer so long as the phone has Qualcomm's chipset or MediaTek's, a USB-C to HDMI cable might not work to mirror the phone's display onto a PC since the phone itself is bricked that way you can at least get the pictures. My suggestion is to take it to a Samsung repair store or a legit third party store like UBreakiFix but not necessarily that one in particular, and they will try and flash the phone for you, reinstalling the previous software version. Do let them know, however, that there are pictures on there you would like to extract or transfer so they can see what could be done about that.
0 Likes