Original topic:

Security overload

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 08:45 AM)
userM2SENwxh3s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have phone setup to NOT require security verification when these conditions. Bluetooth connection to my Samsung watch. To the car via Bluetooth. Or I am at home. I can be sitting in my car, with my watch on, in the garage at home and yet it forces me to use my finger print to open the screen. Any one of these should be enough to disable the security check. 99% of the timeI have to supply my finger print. This has been true for years. Why is it they can't get this figured out? 
0 Likes
4 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Trusted devices are not working?

Try this, go to settings, apps, Google Play Services, storage, clear cache!
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

The extended unlock is only good for up to 4 hours before it will lock again. As a privacy and security measure, it will also lock after a missed phone call, message or notification. So if you get a lot of missed phone calls, your phone will constantly lock.

Also, sometimes the address coordinates in google aren't precise enough to determine that your patio and garage are part of the same address. I can't use my home as an unlock space because it only recognizes the exact GPS coordinates where i set the location. So if i set it in my terrace, it doesn't recognize my living room as my home. I can't even use my address, i have to use my neighbor's, because that's how google sees it. I now only use proximity to my watch for extended unlock.

Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't use Google's Extend Unlock triggers (Trusted places, Trusted devices, etc.) to keep the phone unlocked. I tried that when I first got my previous phone, but found Google's Trusted place triggers unreliable and switched to using Samsung's settings instead.

Samsung has the ability to add locations (home, work, etc.) to your Samsung profile. You can add a wifi network to one of these places to make sure your phone can confirm that you're at the right place. You can then use the places in your Samsung profile as triggers for Modes and Routines. For example, I have a Routine that triggers while I'm at home and, among other things, keeps my phone unlocked.

When you set a place as a trigger for a Mode or Routine you can define the radius around the location, so I'm able to have the whole house included in the same Place trigger. This radius can be set anywhere from .1 miles to 1.2 miles.

(Be aware that when setting up or editing any Routine that keeps your phone unlocked, you'll be required to enter a passcode or
fingerprint before you can save that Routine.)

This method still has Extended Unlock's limitations (still need to enter pin/passcode after 4 hours, after missed call, etc.). This just
provides a more reliable and flexible way to trigger it.
1710321547207.jpg1710321547225.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
That's clever. If i ever give up my watch I may use it. I stopped adding trusted places because my phone is usually in proximity to my watch, so it's not really necessary and extend lock works fine for me.