Original topic:

Sending calls from a contact directly to voicemail

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 02:41 PM)
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra. How do I set it up so that calls from a specific contact goes directly to voicemail?

Thanks 
0 Likes
9 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
To answer your question ray you can't isolate one contact to go directly to voicemail. Just don't pick it up and if you're friend leaves a voicemail. Pick it up if you want to talk to him or let him leave a message. That's how it works. Carrier probably cant help you either unless you want all of them to go to voicemail. There are apps out there you could possibly use as there's an app for everything but I never seen one that does that.
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As an alternative, have you considered setting the contact to have a silent ringtone?

I don't think you can do this normally. I know YouMail can do it, but it requires some complex setup and changing your voicemail provider to implement that feature.
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Than you
0 Likes
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
My experience with this, I first set up a ringer for just that caller, and when that special ring goes off I know not to answer the phone and that sent them to voicemail and my second action if that fail, I block their number and text. With that being done, when I check my voicemail I hear their message, and theirs call does show up in my call log, for as text goes don't recalling seeing where they're text me, hope this help
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I forgot to mention that samsung got an apps call recorder, when you can record their conversation + voice recorder on the phone that you might want to made use of, and if they doing something that is against the law these are your proof of catching and reporting them to our law enforcement, which will stop their calling you, if you got your number in the hands where you want it such as good friends doctor and etc, myself hate changing number to many clients and friend that has to be updated on the other hand if it a creditors I always tell them to stop calling cause by law they can only call so many time during certain hours, hope this information help you
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Very helpful
0 Likes
rayneman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks
0 Likes