JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Service Provider's Networks

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 05:40 PM)
rph052012
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Has anyone roamed on a true 5G network yet? 

We have a unlocked S21 Ultra 5G phone and generally show a roam indicator on LTE. Our Galaxy S10+ would show 5G LTE.

What value should be showing as an indicator for a true 5G network? 
18 Replies
Robotfly
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine only shows LTE+, I am in 5G territory And have contacted and troubleshot with Samsung and my Carrier my career countless many of times too new SIM cards also Still no luck, If you get 5G logo get back to me let me know!!!
Robotfly
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Was your S10 ,A Carrier's phone Or was it unlocked??
rph052012
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It was a carrier (AT&T) device
0 Likes
Robotfly
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's probably the problem, I have 3, 2 only say LtE+ but the Carrier phones says 5g. I've talked to Samsung and my Carrier about this They have absolutely no idea But that just might be the case!!!
Robotfly
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That might mean unlocked phones aint truly 5G we just got ripped off
rph052012
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I assume the opposite. There hasn't been much lag using the S21 while displaying LTE.

The only difference would be if 5G networks are available (roaming).

5G is simply an upgraded antenna.
0 Likes
Robotfly
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't think you understand I am N 5G territory Have 3 phones One out of them phones are owned by a Carrier That's the only one that shows 5G The rest shows LTE+, The other 2 are Unlocked from Samsung themselves Which Don't show 5G!!!
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
This reminds me more than a decade ago when ATT advertised 3G. I bought a 3G phone and 3G was not truly available for little over a year.
rph052012
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Exactly.

When on a provider's network locked phone, the carrier can show their network's broadcast title (call sign). With a unlocked phone, it roams on multiple networks when the signal is present.

We believe LTE is the generic symbol while roaming on an unlocked 5G phone :mobile_phone:
0 Likes