Original topic:

Slow,lagging,freeze ups,black screen,close apps unexpectedly

(Topic created on: 2/20/21 4:58 PM)
AndreaLFisher
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Any one have a Galexy S21 that is just slow,lagging closes out apps or programs,freezes up as well as opens apps on its own? I have checked all that I know to fix this issues. Even 3 party access apps I have removed there permissions.. My phone carrier says that its a busy time of day. That was a like 6 at night. It does it any time of day. My phone tells me its healthy and is working in 100 percent working order. This phone is new. Any ideas?
5 Replies
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Try safe mode and see if the phone works more like it should. If it does then a third party app is probably the issue. Press and hold the power button then tap and hold on power off. tap on safe mode. To exit safe mode just restart.
JTSiegler916
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
you might have to do a hard factory reset power off phone. press and hold power button, Bixby and volume down at the same time. when you get the green android guy then press power and tab up volume the you will see a bunch of option scroll down to factory reset it should take care of your problem. but that means you will everything and it will revert back to when you first get the phone
0 Likes
friskyplatypus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree that a factory reset sounds like your best option if you're unable to isolate the problem. then just add things back until you find the culprit. Your other option would be to use some of the tools from Galaxy Labs.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

do these issues persist on safe mode?

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms, please send a log through the Error Report in the Members app when the lagging and freezing issue occurs.

You can do so by following these steps:

1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports

2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data

3. Select Symptom category

4. Describe the problem in detail and SEND.

0 Likes