Original topic:

Slow notifications and laggy performance on s21 plus

(Topic created: 05-10-2021 11:15 AM)
santithapa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I switched from iphone xs max to s21 plus because i really needed dual apps especially messenger. 

Its been about 3 months that i own this device and i m not satisfied with it. 

Broke screen and it cost me hkd 2k to fix it. 
The finger prints didn't work well and on top of it i had to put glass screen protector to protect the phone screen so it won't easily crack again and that made the finger print scaning worst, lets say it doesn't work at all. How frustrating!! I have to use pincode all the time when i m not home. 

The notification is delayed/slow. I have my messenger on in my iphone xs max and i also have galaxy watch 3 and active watch 2, i see notification in my watch and check my phone to reply but notification or actual message in my phone 😭😭😭😭 i keep on refreshing for sometimes until it appears. I am sure its not because of the network issue because i m in same wifi most of time when it happens.

Once i was so panicked because almost all of my heavy used apps were all crashing and i had no solution to fix it. I googled and did every possible things but still didn't work. Luckily i had other phone to look for solution otherwise my s21plus was almost not useable and Finally after 18 hours i decided to contact samsung and they told me to download one app and after that it started working again. That was a horrible experience🥵🥵

Some apps are still crashing and need to reinstall again. Some apps like alibaba doesn't work smooth, when i search for the app in my phone, it goes laggy, the camara is laggy and takes blurry images most of the times, unless you put it in camara stand. The screen is laggy when i switched from photo to video to other camara option. And the camara won't let you capture things in detail. It has beauty camara like360 .

So many issues but i am still using hoping that samsung would fix these issue with software updates but still hasn't fixed one yet which is very dissapointing😔😔😔 i am scared that the app crashing thing might happen again. I m still using this because i like the design. Typing is easy in it. Camara is perfect for insta story because it hasbeauty camara 😅😅, has dual apps and dual sim. I m praying that samsung would fix these with updates. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I think you might have a defective phone or you are over exaggerating because I have an s21 as well and there has been no such lag or app crashes even once since owning the phone. Battery and everything works fine and I used to own an iPhone as well and I can say that the smoothness is better on here because of the 120hz display. The reason notifications don't appear on your phone when you see them on your watch is probably because you have the feature turned on where you view things on your watch and it doesn't notify your phone. You can turn this off in the Galaxy wearable application. When using the fingerprint reader, you need to register your fingers again after putting on the screen protector and you also have to make sure that it's a screen protector that is compatible with in screen fingerprint readers like the white stone dome glass. If you still don't have success with it, you can use face unlock. It used to be unsecured but is very secure now and will not be fooled by things like pictures and videos. It also works with glasses. Even though galaxy watches do work on iPhones, it's best to use an apple watch on iPhones and a galaxy watch on Galaxys. The camera is very good so your trouble might just be that you have a defective phone because like I said before, everything is smooth for me. Apps should not be crashing. Like I said, you should probably replace the one you have as it might be defective. If you need help fixing anything, just let me know and I'll help you out.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

If you haven't already, you can always talk to Samsung through Samsung Members app on your device to let them know about the issues you're facing. The more they become aware of, the better they will be in the future as they fix and consider those issues.

0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

i heard facebook could be related with apps crashing, uninstall facebook if you have it installed and see. 

or you can always submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes