Original topic:

Smart view

(Topic created on: 4/9/21 6:48 PM)
EastTexasDragon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
On my S8 the smart view worked and sent video to the Chrome Cast. My new S21 the Smart View is Not connecting to anything and I don't know what to do to get it linked to the Chrome Cast.
7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Wipe cache partition
0 Likes
EastTexasDragon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
And why would I do that on a new phone?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@EastTexasDragon How new a phone is has nothing to do with the cache, it's about what you've added and whether something got corrupted.

That being said, the first thing I would do would be to boot to Safe Mode and see if that problem persists.

If it does, the easiest remedy is a Factory Data Reset. If it doesn't then the issue is with one of the apps you've installed and still I think the easiest thing is to Factory reset it unless you want to play with removing apps until you find (might find) the problem.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
EastTexasDragon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Bill I have done the safe boot with a tech from Samsung, he said if that didn't fix it then the next step was to report the problem. I lost contact with him when I did the boot into safe mode and cleared the cashe. I looked into clearing the partition Cashe. I got some weird screen with Chinese words and something about downloading a different operating system so I backed out.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@EastTexasDragon 

Backup your phone with Google (and OneDrive) and then do a Factory Data Reset.  Do not restore your backup the first time, just set it up as new and then try Smartview.

If it works then you can either restore from backup or manually install everything.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
EastTexasDragon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
OK I will try it.
0 Likes
EastTexasDragon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No Change. I didn't back it up at all, went to smart view as soon as It came up. Smart View opened still not showing any TV or anything. I let it search for 30 minutes.
0 Likes