Original topic:

Snapchat lag s21

(Topic created on: 3/11/21 10:39 PM)
Noahk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok so I just got a galaxy s21 and I transfered all my data and I'm having troubles with the snapchat camera lagging. When I take a snap it lags for a second and usually makes the picture blurry and the pictures stutters/jumps back half a second. I've cleared my cache, reinstalled the app, and reset my phone and nothing is working. 
14 Replies
greenslastday
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
You might have to get in contact with snapchat and see what the issue is
0 Likes
stephytetreault
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
snap have virtual virus with in the program
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Are you only experiencing these symptoms with the camera on the snapchat app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

distrixel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi! I just got my S21 today and I'm having what appears to be the same issue as OP. It seems to be happening in Snapchat as well as in Instagram stories, but not in the stock camera app.

My understanding is that Samsung partnered with these app developers to improve the camera quality in these apps compared to other Android phones. The quality certainly is improved compared to any Android I've ever tried, however it seems to be saving what the camera saw half a second ago, not what's it's currently seeing. I therefore have to hold my phone completely still for about half a second before hitting the shutter, otherwise it comes out a blurry mess.

nesenji
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having this same exact issue. Unfortunately my note10+ seems to have been taking better photos with more ease than my 21+. But now im stuck with this one. I would have preferred the old "worse quality " image to this new thing cuz it takes much more effort to even get a picture worth using. And even then, if not in good lighting it seems nearly impossible to get a good quality image not super blurry/fuzzy
Noahhhh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Even with good lighting it's still intermittently doing this.... 800 dollars to perform worse then my s9... smh rn
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache for the Snapchat app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
B-Rad9009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just tried it and that doesn't seem to work
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes