Original topic:

Software issues with S21 5G after update

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 05:40 AM)
useruKXbQp7jw3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I am on my 3rd phone, since upgrading from my S8....have been with Samsung since S3.

Last update was about a week ago...since that time, my talk to text is duplicating my speech, battery is draining a bit more. I called Samsung, tech support, they stated, I downloaded a 3rd party software, to cause this new issue. I have not downloaded any software, including 3rd party, only did the update, alerted by my phone.

BTW: My 2nd, S215G, crashed completely, couple of months ago, after an update, at that time. I lost several months of information, along with priceless pictures, as nothing was able to be transferred. Tech support did everything to get it started, nothing worked.

My 1st purchase was overheating & draining battery, within 2 wks. of purchase. Samsung asked me to return phone, which was done.

Its takes me an average of 2 weeks to have my phone to where I need it.

My patience is drained. What can Samsung do to correct current problem? I need tech support to tap into this phone...solve this new problem.

Thank you 
Sara

6 Replies
kingxjohnx21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I actually didn't know anything about that I'm going to go check it out
0 Likes
useruKXbQp7jw3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Tysm...
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand how frustrating this can be. I would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix which is a Samsung authorized service center. This will allow you to have someone get a hands-on look at your device. Another option would be to contact our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 and they can remote into your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruKXbQp7jw3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Adam,

Per your request, I took phone to UBreakIfix on 7-15-21, they did a diagnostic test, stated all is fine. I showed them, I have 2 Samsung keyboards installed on my apps.  They verified they were both Samsung keyboards, which they are.  One keyboard has Bitmoji's other keyboard is the normal for typing.  They disabled the Bitmoji keyboard and made the normal keyboard, my default.  He stated, he wanted to reset phone.  I am leaving the state in 10 days, just dont have the time, to do another 2 weeks in getting the phone to fit my needs. After all, I have spent 6 weeks between the 3 phones.  

If there is a tech support person, that can fix the duplications in talk to text, please advise...I can call them or they can call me....Please help...ty

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Honestly if the uBreakiFix location factory reset the phone with no change, I would recommend calling in to our remote support team from here so that they can see what you see. Alternatively we offer ship-in repair options where the phone would be sent to the engineers, but this is a 5-10 business day process including shipment. I am sorry there wasn't more I could offer. Your carrier may also have options for you if you purchased a insurance plan with them. 

**Edit to add, "I called Samsung, tech support, they stated, I downloaded a 3rd party software, to cause this new issue." <-- This would be applications/games downloaded from the play store, not necessarily like a new OS system. Do the issues happen while in safe mode? If not, then an app is for sure at fault and I'd recommend another factory reset and wait to install apps one by one so you can find the culprit.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
I've read here on the community forums that some users had luck with using Google's keyboard instead of the Samsung keyboard for voice typing.
0 Likes