Original topic:

Sound picker duplicates

(Topic created: 02-28-2021 05:11 AM)
klumpo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi!

I'm having a weird problem, after I have copied some ringtones and notification sounds to the Ringtones and Notifications folder on my Galaxy S21 Ultra they appear in Sound Picker three times. I have tried to remove the two extra duplicates, but the list repopulates them.

It is not a game breaking problem but it would be nice to solve it 🙂

please see attached screenshot

Sound picker duplicates screenshot.png

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
If you copied the folders, I assume the system is showing you the available files in all the different locations. So, if you delete the original folders they should go away.
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

where did you copy the ringtones from?

0 Likes
klumpo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for replies

I copied the folders with SyncMe from my PC to my phone. I can only see one location of Notifications and Ringtones in Solid Explorer, but two in My Files. 

I deleted the Notification and Ringtone folder I could see in internal memory with Solid Explorer and now there is only two duplicates in Sound Picker. 

How curious. I have no idea where those files are..

Two Notification and Ringtone folders in My Files.png

0 Likes
klumpo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Oh and I just noticed SyncMe says "updating media store" after a sync/copy. Maybe that has something to do with it?

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

try move files in audio to PC and delete them on your phone and see if you still have the duplicates

0 Likes
Solution
klumpo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

You guys were right it was duplicate folders. I also synced my Documents folder from my windows pc to Android with SyncMe. There were two duplicate ringtones and notification folders in an old Samsung Switch backup from my Galaxy S7!

C:\Users\gambler\Documents\samsung\SmartSwitch\backup\SM-G930F\SM-G930F_\SM-G930F_20160529132032\Music\Ringtones

I deleted those folders and now there are no duplicates. Thanks. 🙂