Original topic:

Spam Messages

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 02:37 PM)
Capstone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
The Samsung email app has really improved a lot. One thing I don't see much of are features for spam messages. I receive a lot of spam messages with no way of marking them as spam messages. Just really annoying receiving these messages. Are there any plans & talks of doing anything about spam messages. I know a lot of other 3rd party apps have features to combat spam messages. I know Yahoo email has those features. Would love for the app to get features for spam messages. Thanks for listening to my concerns... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You have to scroll down to 'ALL FOLDERS' there you will find the spam folder for Samsung Mail. I had to download the Samsung Email app on my Factory unlocked S22 ultra. It didn't come pre installed.

View solution in context

15 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm a little confused here. Samsung doesn't have email. They have an email app and you connect your Google or Outlook or whatever email account to it.

Both Google and Outlook have spam filters, so you should be good. But if you're using another email platform that doesn't offerspam protection, you may want to consider switching to a Google email account.
Capstone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
That's what I was referring about. The Samsung email app
Solution
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You have to scroll down to 'ALL FOLDERS' there you will find the spam folder for Samsung Mail. I had to download the Samsung Email app on my Factory unlocked S22 ultra. It didn't come pre installed.
Capstone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Email App from Galaxy Store does exist....Screenshot_20220907_175230_884_1662587550.jpg
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung Email is nothing more than an email client. Whichever email account you use (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo) will work perfectly with the Samsung app. (I've used all 3).

However, how those accounts treat spam, etc. is a function of each provider's protocol. Since I'm most familiar with Outlook:

Access your email account from the web (your browser). There, you will have the full complement of settings you can employ for spam settings, blocking URLs, etc. You should then see those settings play out in how emails are sorted in the Samsung Email app.
Capstone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, email 'app', but Samsung is NOT an email provider. There's no xxx@samsung.com email address, that I'm aware of. So who is your email provider? If it's not Google or Outlook (@gmail.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, etc) and you don't have spam protection, then you need to switch.
0 Likes
saulsetton
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
You canScreenshot_20220907-182316_Email.jpgScreenshot_20220907-182311_Email.jpg