Original topic:

Spam email adding events

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 08:20 AM)
Amill84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since the most recent update, spam emails have been adding events to my calendar that span months! It never used to do this until the update. The only way to fix it that I've found is to not allow email calendar permissions, but when you do that, you can no longer delete those emails out of your inbox until you re-allow that permission. This is super frustrating as I use my calendar everyday and I do NOT need spam email events cluttering it up. Why is there not a setting to not allow unknown email senders to send invitations? 
7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Amill84 Have you tried configuring your Gmail account so that emails won't auto generate calendar events? This is typically the cause. 

You can find the directions in https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6084018?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop 

0 Likes
Amill84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I guess I should have specified that the email and calendar that I use is just the regular Samsung email and calendar, not Gmail. There are no settings for email invites in Samsung email
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21

@Amill84 Are you using a Gmail account? (@gmail.com) If so, the Google calendar is used to provide events for the Samsung calendar. And spam message to your gmail.com address can create spammy meetings in your calendar. Doesn't matter which app that you use on your phone. The injection happens back on Goole's server which is hosting that account. 

0 Likes
Amill84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is not gmail, it's a live.com address. I do have a Gmail account, but that's not where they are coming from. It's pulling email invites from both my inbox and my spam folder
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S21
@Amill84 Ah, live.com. Pretty much same type of situation. I found the following link which provides some possible solutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/why-am-i-suddenly-receiving-spam-calendar/...
If those don't work for you, I would suggest further searches in Microsoft support or the web in general.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a M365 subscription. Let's just say I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I've stopped using Outlook for my calendar and am using Google's calendar. MSFT is mostly terrible when it comes to spam/junk.

0 Likes
Amill84
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you!