Original topic:

Stop Instagram from automatically updating its timeline

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 07:00 PM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Somebody help me, please!

Does anyone know how to stop Instagram from automatically updating it's timeline when I switch to a different app, and go back? I'm racking my brain trying to find a setting for this, if it's even possible. I tried to go through Instagram's settings, nothing. I tried to go through Developer Options, and I don't know entirely what I'm doing in there. I tried Googling it and it gives directions for Pixels or iPhones! 😡

If there is a solution and someone knows it, I would appreciate it. 🙏🏼
0 Likes
18 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
If it updates through google play store you can stop auto update under my games and apps
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Not app updates. Timeliness updates. I'll scroll through the timeline of posts, but if I go to a different app and then return to Instagram, it never keeps my place and I can't find the post I was looking at again. It starts me back at the beginning of the timeline.
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Timeline*
0 Likes
KoratKITTY3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I stopped Instagram long ago, that is part of Facebook. You have to delete the app account from there and turn it off from your settings
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
So if I don't have a Facebook account, there's nothing I can do to change that setting?
0 Likes
KoratKITTY3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to the settings on your phone, find Instagram, turn off updates or other options. You can turn off the app also
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Didn't work. It still refreshes if I navigate away for too long.
0 Likes
KoratKITTY3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Write to the developer of Instagram it could be a bug issue
0 Likes
LADY81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I can help