JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Stuttery screen when scrolling on certain apps

(Topic created: 02-16-2021 10:27 PM)
jmonzon61
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Sometimes while scrolling on my S21 Ultra the screen looks like it's stuttering, I turned on the show refresh rate and it shows its at 120hz still, it happens mostly while using the Chrome app. Is anyone else having this issue?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userogEgdeBHFf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I see this a lot. Scrolling shows frequent jumps ... really annoying! See it most in Google and Facebook, but the problem is intermittent.

Grnlantern79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea!! When I'm scrolling down my page jumps up quickly in the opposite direction. I get rather annoyed by it hope they fix it soon.
Grnlantern79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I hope Samsung will fix the scrolling issue when you are scrolling down a page or app and the page will jump back up very quickly. It's really annoying. Please help Samsung!
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Grnlantern79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I will try it but happens in Chrome and Facebook to name a few its when you are scroll down an article or timefeed so you are long press going down the page then boom your back at the top.
Options
Galaxy S21

did you set it on 120hz?

does it still lags when its 60hz?? i never had the issue on both chrome and google app

try submit a report on samsung memebrs app

0 Likes
Grnlantern79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
it's on adaptive so could be an issue where it's on a very low refresh rate then it jumps to 120. This never happened on my S20+
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

what about when its not on adaptive? does it lag on standard too?

i never had this issue,,

try submit a report on samsung members app

0 Likes
Grnlantern79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I never said it lags I said it jumps up while scrolling down a page.