JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Stuttery screen when scrolling on certain apps

(Topic created: 03-31-2021 05:32 PM)
jmonzon61
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Sometimes while scrolling on my S21 Ultra the screen looks like it's stuttering, I turned on the show refresh rate and it shows its at 120hz still, it happens mostly while using the Chrome app. Is anyone else having this issue?

26 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@jmonzon61 it's more than likely an issue with the app itself rather than the phone, especially if you never notice it while not in an app.

jmonzon61
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
there are some other apps that it happens on occasion with though, so is it an issue with them?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@jmonzon61 I would say so. It's hard to say that definitively though. Which other apps? 

jmonzon61
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Twitter does it on occasion, snapchat does it at first but then gets smooth after a few seconds, scrolling through settings and the picture gallery is fine though.
user5oEz9us4AU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem.  It's incredibly annoying.  I have had 5 Galaxy phones, and this is the first time I've seen this.

It happens in Outlook, Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  This is the phone, not one app.

I have changed motion smoothness, restarted, etc.  Nothing.  

This problem needs to be reviewed and resolved.

useroMZ15eJHcw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same problem too.. I've noticed it on YouTube and Walmart app among others
userEb2PxacDBk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Happens to me all the time!
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Use Samsung Internet, it's smooth!! but Chrome should fix the stuttering issue. 

user5oEz9us4AU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It isn't a Chrome issue.  It's an issue on many apps.  It's a  Samsung issue.

0 Likes