JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sudden Battery Drain

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 08:28 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21
Recently, I've noticed a sudden battery drain during on-screen time. In just one hour and a few minutes, my phone went from 100% to 79%. I checked my battery health, and it says it's still good. I haven't been on heavy apps either, at least not for a long period of time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello, to fix please go to developer options -> Suspend execution for cached apps -> Toggle ON

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello, to fix please go to developer options -> Suspend execution for cached apps -> Toggle ON
Options
Galaxy S21
What are the consequences of enabling? Besides very likely improving battery life. Will it affect my performance phone's too? As an, will it run faster, will it run slower?
Options
Galaxy S21
Ahh, thank you, sirScreenshot_20220830-001248_Device care_13710_1661836369.png
Options
Galaxy S21
Dude, it didn't just improve my battery life, but my S21 doesn't overheat as often as it used to. Once more, thanks.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, be sure to restart your phone at least once a week. You can set up your phone to do this automatically for you in Settings. Just search 'restart' in Settings to get started.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I normally go into safe mode once a month and clear "Cache Partition" along with "Repair apps".
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't know how to do those. Restarting my phone once a week seems to do the trick and I don't have to remember to do it. I've got my phone set to reboot (restart) every Sunday night while I sleep. Restarting the phone clears the cache, of course.
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
I also limit the battery to charge only to 85٪ to improve the battery longevity.
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you
0 Likes