JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suggestion/Request for LTE only

(Topic created on: 2/4/21 6:06 PM)
userpEZsTUIEdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'd like to request the the S21 line have an LTE only option. Where I am, there is just barely an almost non existent 5G signal. When the phone detects it, it automatically switches to 5G, with no option to stay on LTE. Unfortunately, as I said the 5G signal is basically non existent, so I don't have an actual data connection when it's connected to 5G. Both Samsung and Verizon have confirmed this is the correct behavior, though they didn't count on the 5G signal being so weak as to be almost non existent. So I basically have a $1400 Verizon phone that I can't use on the Verizon network

0 Likes
7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userpEZsTUIEdO have you gone into your Connections in your Settings? There you can select Mobile Networks>Network mode to select LTE.

0 Likes
userpEZsTUIEdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I can manually select a network, but only Verizon is there (Along with Sprint and some other unrelated networks). Nothing like "Verizon LTE" or "LTE"

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userpEZsTUIEdO so you don't see the Network mode option? I would contact Verizon about this. I have TMobile and my S21 switches automatically between 5G and 4G LTE based on signal strength. 

0 Likes
userpEZsTUIEdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Network Mode is there. I can select Automatic or Manual. When I select Manual, it does to a list of cell networks available. Verizon is listed, and I can select, but it's not "LTE on Verizon only" or anything like that. It's all (Including 5G) or nothing. And yes, I've talked to both Samsung and Verizon. This is how it has been programmed. There is currently no way to restrict it to LTE only

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userpEZsTUIEdO Verizon would be the sole party responsible for mobile network issues. Here is a screenshot of what I see when I select "Network mode" with TMobile.

Screenshot_20210204-200124_Call settings.png

0 Likes
userpEZsTUIEdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No, I realize this. That's why I'm requesting that they also bring this option to Verizon

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userpEZsTUIEdO Samsung can't do anything in that regard unfortunately. It's on Verizon to change the way you connect to their network. It's surprising to me they weren't able to help you.

View solution in context

0 Likes