JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Super Fast Charging S21 Ultra 25watt vs 45watt

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 2:36 PM)
aml15243
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the galaxy s21 ultra and have been using my ep-ta800 25 watt charger from my last phone (note 10 plus) and get super fast charging. I also decided to get the ep-ta845 45 watt charger assuming it would be even faster as the amps seem to be higher in the specs. But they charge at the exact same rate. Shouldn't there be a difference?

Thanks!
8 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

No, working as designed.  The S21 is not compatible with the 45w charger which means that the charging circuitry in the phone is limiting it to 25w.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)

View solution in context

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/25/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
25w max
0 Likes
friskyplatypus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It is 25W max as stated before but if you look at tests on the difference between the 2 you'll find that the amount of time it saves is barely even noticeable. Like maybe 10 minutes over a full charge
0 Likes
aml15243
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
what do you use to perform those tests?
0 Likes
friskyplatypus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I believe it was just using the different chargers and timing how long it took to charge a certain percentage. I believe the article was on XDA but I'll look for it in a bit.
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@aml15243 the max charging rate for the S21 line is capped at 25watts.

0 Likes
aml15243
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
just curious, was the the note 10 plus capped at 25 or could have done 45? I remember almost buying the 45 watt charger when I first got that phone after reading up on it but just never did. luckily I got a great deal and have a fast charger for work, but it would seem strange to me if the note 10± could charge at a faster speed than the ultra which has a bigger battery.
0 Likes