Original topic:

Superfast Charging not working properly on s21 ultra

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 09:10 PM)
AP900
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Recently my phone s21 ultra was updated to July security patch and after some time my phone's superfast Charging us not working properly. When plugged in it displays suoerfast Charging but it charges the phone very slowly . After plugging in and out several times it works but again slowly charge when plugged after the battery is low. I tried wiping partition cache and also calibrating battery but the issue is still there . Samsung omz fix this issue
0 Likes
10 Replies
sweatestnoob28
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's because its fake
0 Likes
AP900
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I bought phone from Samsung directly
0 Likes
gahbmwm5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what solved my issue with erratic S21 Ultra charging..Purchased a new Samsung 25 Watt USB-C wall charger (my 2nd one) and most importantly a 3.3' Insignia USB-C to USB-C Charge and Sync Cable..Charge and Transfer Files Quickly with USB 3.2 Gen 2...
$45 total @ BestBuy...The Insignia cable is thick...Does the trick beautifully!
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What's the amperage of your charging adapter?
0 Likes
AP900
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a samsung original 25 watt charger
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
How many amps is the output though?
AP900
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
3 amp
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
No wonder you're getting a slow charge. My regular charger is 5.something amps. My fast charger is 9.something. I'm not home to get the exact amperage. I would look for a charging adapter in the 5 amp range and see how you like it. I wouldn't start with 9A because it generates a lot of heat. I only use the 9A when there's a storm coming or something and I need an especially fast charge because the phone gets too hot for my taste.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It's all about whether or not it is a new PD certified charger...watts or amperage only matters with the S21 if it's a PD charger
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes