Original topic:

Sync settings different on different email accounts

(Topic created: 04-23-2024 12:23 PM)
BuhB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Sync setting options are not the same both both email accounts. One allows me to select the folders, the other does not. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

More information would help people help you.  What email app are you using?  Is this new behavior? The folder selection may be feature of your email provider.

0 Likes
BuhB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung email.  I reinstalled the app, and thus the sync problems. If I click on App Info...email settings.... Under one email account I have five options for Sync settings, including "Email folders to sync." On the other email account,  there are only two, without that option.  Should both email accounts not have the same list of options?

0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Did both accounts have all the options before?  If not, perhaps it's a limitation from your mail service, not the app.  Are you setting up with POP or IMAP?  You also have the option of choosing a different mail app, there are many in the Play store.  You can even add other accounts to the GMail app, which should be pre-installed on your phone.

0 Likes
BuhB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

IMAP. I had no reason to look before, so can't answer that one. Should not have anything to do with the mail service, as they are not the ones who put options on the cell phone.

0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Well, then do try one of the others. I use BlueMail and have never had a problem with any of my 5 email accounts.  I was never even asked which folders I wanted to sync, they are all there for each account.  

Like I said, the Gmail app is also pre-installed on your phone, so you can add other accounts to it and use that one.  You are not required to use Samsung's email app.  Use the one that works best for you.  I understand this one worked for you in the past, but it's not doing it now, for whatever reason, and rather than drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out, just switch to another one.

0 Likes