Original topic:

Taking Screenshot Difficulties

(Topic created: 12-07-2022 10:53 AM)
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I find it near impossible to use either method to take screenshots.

Every single time I try to press 'volume down button and power button" simultaneously, it either goes to "power off option" or "volume down". I am quite sure that I can press them simultaneously because I did it constantly with my S7. ( I remember having this same issue with my S9)

And for the side of palm swipe, it always just moves my screen around or clicks some link on the screen.

Any tips? Both options are insanely 
frustrating. I can download an app to do it, but 
would prefer to just use the options on the phone.

6 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@User77 You can always say "Hey Bixby, take a screenshot!".

Other methods are provided in this Samsung article -> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038721/#:~:text=When%20you%20want%20to%20take,that%20....

Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Totally forgot about Bixby haha. Great other option besides the conventional way
0 Likes
User77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't like putting my voice "out there" like that. Call me paranoid, but thanks.
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Best option would be to use good lock. Download Good Lock from the samsung store and download registar. From there, you can turn on the feature tap back where you can double tap the back of your phone to do any command you need, like take a screenshot or open an app. Hope this helpsScreenshot_20221207_015827_RegiStar_1000004350_1670396307.jpgScreenshot_20221207_015756_RegiStar_1000004349_1670396277.jpg
firefox0419
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you go into your settings and enter the accessibility tab there should be an option for "assistant menu". If you turn that on a little bubble will pop up and you can use the options inside to bypass gestures such as screenshots, going back to the homescreen, pulling up the notification menu, and more. Hope this helps
GK11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've had the same problem with my Galaxy a13 5g. It seems to work best when I press and release quickly. Then look at the bottom of the display to see the options for saving, sharing & cropping. It's there very briefly--
That's another problem Samsung needs to fix. How about a 3-finger touch on the screen to get the screenshot and a menu that stays open as long as needed to make my selection.
0 Likes