Original topic:

Terrible Samsung customer service

(Topic created: 07-15-2021 04:18 PM)
LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't know why my previous post was deleted, but here it is again.

I was a loyal fan of Samsung products, from appliances to cell phones. 

As I always do when they release a new phone, I placed my preorder on Jan/21. The phones was working fine until this last Sunday 07/11 when I noticed my phone had no signal or was switching from Full to none,zero,nada. 

I went to ATT, purchased a new SIM card and nothing. Put my wife's SIM card on my phone and it didn't work, put mine on hers and it worked. 

Did a network reset and nothing. Performed a Factory reset and nothing. same issues.

Next day, I decided to call Samsung and it was when my nightmare started. Talking to a Samsung "expert" care+, they suggested that I speak with Samsung Premium Care since I pay for the service. By afternoon my replacement was approved free of charge.  Around 7pm i got an email from Samsung Premium Care asking to contact customer service. I did and I was informed that they didn't have a replacement for my variant (S21 ultra 5G 521GB) or have been receiving this model from Samsung. They informed that the replacement could take 5~15 business days to arrive or could never arrive and they suggested that I contact Samsung to check for other options. I did, I called again Samsung Care+ and i was informed that I could take to a service repair center an get my phone fixed. I went to a UbreakIfix near home, after 3 hours I was informed that some parts were replaced and it didn't work, my phone was a no fix. Called Samsung again and again I was informed that I should try another UbreakIfix location. Well, I did, drove 50 minutes, waited 5 hours and the results were the same. The technician even brought me inside their lab, showed my phone open with all the new parts plugged into a PC and told me my phone was a NO FIX. They gave me a ticket number and mentioned that I should call Samsung my provide with the ticket number. 

So, I called again, and again they said they couldn't do nothing but offer to send my repair to their Samsung repair center where (words used by Samsung agent) - Were our engineers are better trained  and could fix your phone- and wait 15 DAYS + 4 DAYS FOR SHIPPING or I should try again with Samsung Premium Care.

WHY? Why would you do that with your customers Samsung? Why would you waste my time sending me to 02 UbreakIfix  "if you think" your engineers are better trained than the ones from your list of "authorized" repair centers? Why it has to be so difficult and time consuming with you?

It has been 6 days and around 5H33M on calls  going back and forth between Samsung Care Pro, Samsung Premium care and UbreakIfix and here I'm no phone working, no solution for my problem.

I used to see a lot customers complaining about Samsung customer service and I always was like... Nah, this is not true... but now I see it is. 

A problem that any other company would resolve is hours or days, Samsung is turning into a nightmare. My phone is under warrant, I pay for a insurance from Samsung that does nothing besides charge my card every month and here I am.

Is that fair? 

I look forward for help and resolution to my problem before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or other assistance.

6 Replies
samey
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi I am a case worker. let me share with you the 1st rule of thumb is you speak to one front line worker customer service Representative.After that you ask for a supervisor.If you don't get satisfaction there you ask to speak to the highest level of supervisor ... always Tape recording the entirety of your call .some states you have to ask for permission to record each individual's voice some states some States you don't need to ask. And you don't drive 50 minutes and wait for 5 hours that's not acceptable For you as a customer .Take screenshots when someone offers to show you your phone just assembled in all the new parts. I am so sorry for the level of difficulty you're having. It sounds like different parts are not working . but the things that you described having it charged having it charge fully and then going down to 0 or 50 that happens when you need a new battery and you need a new battery or if the phone can't be turned on and work unless it's tethered to charge or if the phone just won't turn on... those are all battery issues as in you have a dead battery.ususlly after every 3 years u need to have it replaced. Best of luck hanging in there. And remember when trying to work a complex problem always speak with a customer service representative and then no one else except the next supervisor up. If still can't resolve ask to speak to the highest level of supervisor survivor and insist on it . this involves being kind of calmly calmly assertive. Don't get into lengthy discussions just tell them this is what warrenty says. Just list what it says re ur situation. Like number 1,2,3 that's it. Then after 3 min of rep giving wrong info interrupt politely and in calm assertive way get supervisor .don't take no for answer. Calm assertive list points in warranty that say replace if...then if no help ask how to contact corporate. Of something doesn't sound right it is not.dont agree to go to second repair site. Trust ur gut and what warranty says. Dl a audio app onto your phone. Reps often guess what answer is to your prob if complicated. As a case worker I do this type of problem solving 40% of day. Hope this helps the next problem less upsetting, take less time and get p r oblem resolved more quickly. Applies to a variety of life situations. Best wishes.

worker customer service rap that's it
0 Likes
sawag201992
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So are you a higher up in Samsung you have a phone number that I can speak to somebody in your department
0 Likes
sawag201992
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The reason why you're not getting any store that's in your phone it's because you're still have 3-g Towers in your area I spoke to a technician and she told me the 3-g towers are not compatible with a Samsung Galaxy s20 I'm having the same issue and AT&T will not be replacing 3g towers to 5G next year att Samsung on nothing but scam artist
0 Likes
LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
That is not my issue friend. I always had 5g on my phone. My phone is not reading any SIM cards. When it does, the signal is week to none. My wife has s21 ultra and hers works perfect
0 Likes
sawag201992
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Try to do a factory reset and do not backup the data delete everything make a new Gmail account when you do a factory restart just click new
0 Likes
LGC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I already did that twice. My phone is broken, no fix confirmed by 02 UbreakIfix.
0 Likes