JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not receiving some Text Messages

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 01:06 PM)
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Messaging Issue I purchased the S21+ through Spectrum and was not receiving some text from my contacts.I could get most but not all. (and no the contacts in question weren't using Apple phones) After hours of research I finally figured out I was not receiving text from my contacts that use RCS messaging (chat features). I could send them text but their reply wasn't coming back through. (unless they clicked on the reply text and selected sms) I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I have done a lot of troubleshooting such as clearing the cache and the data on messages, resetting the network on the phone, having Spectrum reset the network on the sim, putting phone in safe mode, resetting the phone, ect.... I'm also open to any advice or input on this situation. Kinda wondering if it is just my phone or a programming or network issue. PS. (Spectrum Uses the Verizon network along with their Spectrum Hotspots)

***Update within comments on how I solved this issue and Carrier Services by Google wasn't needed. ***
20 Replies
sanzsanz17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
is the phone, im having issues with my i have galaxy 21 too
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

you have spectrum too?

0 Likes
sanzsanz17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
no, i have tmobile
0 Likes
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have Spectrum
0 Likes
user2aYqq6M3ql
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the problem with my Galaxy phone note 10 plus. I will try what you did by downloading Google messenger.
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You will also need to download Carrier Services by Google
0 Likes
glassman72
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
add another texting app Textra, make it the default texting app, then switch back to samsung messages and you should start receiving text from them again...this happened to me as well.
0 Likes
Jpurple80
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you but I have tried this with several texting apps.
glassman72
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
did you use Textra?
0 Likes