JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text Messaging Issues

(Topic created on: 4/15/21 7:44 AM)
user3hhqhQtMZF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just purchased a Galaxy S21 Ultra and have had issues receiving text messages from certain numbers. Not a ton, but enough to be a big issue. I am using the default messaging app and have tried message+ as well. Still having the problem. I have gone through all the steps provided through Samsung with no resolution. I know there was a thread on this from about 2 months ago, but didn't know if anyone else was still having a problem. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @user3hhqhQtMZF, I hope you're doing well.

I'm wondering, before you're S21 Ultra, were you using Google's Android Messages app with Chat features enabled? If so, that might be the problem. To fix that, you can either re-install Google's Android Messages app and activate chat on your new S21U or de-register via Google's online portal (https://messages.google.com/disable-chat)

If you hadn't used Android Messages in the past, I am at a loss. Are the missing messages from certain phone makes, carriers or anything similiar?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @user3hhqhQtMZF, I hope you're doing well.

I'm wondering, before you're S21 Ultra, were you using Google's Android Messages app with Chat features enabled? If so, that might be the problem. To fix that, you can either re-install Google's Android Messages app and activate chat on your new S21U or de-register via Google's online portal (https://messages.google.com/disable-chat)

If you hadn't used Android Messages in the past, I am at a loss. Are the missing messages from certain phone makes, carriers or anything similiar?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

userngReRWW0cD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the same problem and this helped me. Thanks!!!!

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

No problem, glad it helped!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

user3hhqhQtMZF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It worked! Thank you!
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @user3hhqhQtMZF 

Awesome. Please go ahead and mark the post as the solution so that others who might have the same issue can easily find the fix.

Glad to have been of help to you.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
A idea: try a network reset

From settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network. FYI this will remove your wifi, & Bluetooth devices. Afterwards you will need to reinstall
them.

Or the techs favorite completely turn your phone off. Wait 10 seconds, then turn on.

Or a phone restart

I have a similar problem will not being able to dial out, or get calls. Did this and problem resolved.
0 Likes